Getting Building and Contents Insurance is Just As Important As Getting Life Insurance

Buildings Contents

For most people their house is their biggest financial investment. A lot of people spend years repaying their mortgage and spend a lot of money on making improvements to their home. If you are one of those people, would you leave everything to chance and risk losing your home and everything valuable in it? A lot of unforeseen events can happen that can cause you to lose your home and your possessions such as fire, earthquake, flood, and theft. It is very risky to leave your home and your belongings uninsured, because you can lose everything in just a blink of an eye. It just make sense to make sure that your home and your belongings are covered. Building and Content Insurance covers the cost of repairing or rebuilding your home and replacing your belongings. Getting Building and Contents Insurance is equally important as getting Life Insurance. After all, for most people, their home is their most valuable asset.

flooding 2048469 640

When you get Building and Content Insurance there are some things you need to consider. The first thing you should take into consideration is that the cost of building goes up every year. You should always insure your home for the cost of rebuilding it, not the market value, because the rebuilding cost could be higher than the market value. You should also consider the cost of clearing the site and professional fees. Most people also accumulate more belongings to fill up their house every year. Go from room to room in your house and list everything in it. Don’t forget the garage and the shed and the contents in it, such as the mowers and hand tools, which can also be expensive. Include the contents of the bathroom vanity, because those can be expensive as well. Put a realistic replaceable value on all your possessions. Make a list of jewelry and watches, phones and laptops and other valuable items you take out and about and pay an extra premium, because those are not covered under your car insurance. Get professional valuers to work out the worth of any collections or collectibles or antiques. List them on your policy and pay the extra premium, so that you are fully covered if you lose any of them. Ask a reputable builder to give you the value to rebuild your home. Don’t just consider the premium when taking out Building and Contents Insurance. Take into consideration that every year you may have more to lose. Therefore, you should review your sums insured for both the house and its contents when you renew your policy and take the necessary steps to ensure that you have sufficient cover.

To find out more about Building and Content Insurance, click on Get A Free Quote or call 02380 170 850


Leave Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *